It's been a quiet, relaxing, go with the flow weekend. My favorites.
I am not one to ever over schedule or fill our days with places to go and things to do, we're just not that kind of family. We're very laid back, very *go with the moment* kind of people.
So yesterday around noon we were in the mood for chinese and decided to go to the base Chinese restaurant for lunch, it was supposed to be opened, but it wasn't. I don't know why, all I know is that I was left with an overwhelming craving for chow mein noodles, not a good thing is it?
Lunch ended up being at the Food court at the BX, I had Popeye's Chicken and the kids and Curt had Anthony's Pizza. Now if you're familiar with military food courts AND Anthony's pizza, you have to admit that it's really not that good at all, but I guess when you're in a bind and just want to fill your tummy with something, it will do. We shopped at the BX for about an hour or so....Nicholas and I were actually ready to leave while Curt and Jasmine aimlessly held hands and walked the aisles looking at every single knick knack on the shelves.
It was worth it though because I have wanted to get the kids their own children's Bible for such a long time and never got around to it. They have the baby ones where each book is about 2 paragraphs long and we always felt it wasn't enough.
I remember having this beautiful Bible when I was a young girl, it was full of pictures and drawings and I loved reading it, so to be able to find something like that for the kids is just wonderful. We'll be sitting down this afternoon and will start reading....they're both extremely excited too.
The rest of the weekend has been spent changing out bed linens and catching up on laundy and planting. The BX finally got their seeds in so we picked up a few.
It's an absolutely beautiful day, it's sunny with a little wind and 86 degrees. I plan to be outside enjoying the weather, reading my new book for a review, watching Lark Rise to Candleford Season 2 and working on my new puzzle.
I do need to make a quick trip to the BX to pick up some more white fencing to finish the front of the house and pick up some materials for a terrarium that I have in mind. I'll share all the details when and IF I find everything I need.
I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday, whatever it is you may be doing.


Day 28
Pray that your husband will be a man of prayer. Pray that he will seek and pursue God in purposeful quiet times. (1 Thess. 5:17; Luke 22:46; James 5:16)
Day 29 (today's prayer)
Pray that your husband will surrender his time and talents to the Lord. Pray that his spiritual gifts will be manifest in his career, at church, and in your home. (Eph. 5:15-16; 1 Cor. 12:4, 7)


0 Yorumlar