Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tuesday Tidbits

 I decided not to make salmon croquettes on Monday night. A chunk of meatloaf in the freezer along with a bag of instant mashed potatoes and turnip greens was dinner. I went to sleep in my recliner and was staggering when I awoke. The meatloaf was easy and delicious--thaw a bit and microwave. 

It rained all day long. Tommy opened the door once but did not go out. I just stood on tiptoe and looked out the fanlight. It seemed damp inside all day. ugh

There is something wrong with the new cell phone. I called Dr A and Dr B showed as the person calling me back. However, it was Dr. A's office and nurse. I have never had this happen before. This is very inconvenient! So, I suppose I will have to take the phone back. 

Several days ago, I uncovered a blue ribbon I won in 2017 at the Cullman County Fair for some dehydrated produce in a canning jar. The ribbon might have been for canned tomatoes. I have no idea how it got here, but I am not complaining. It may be the only ribbon I have won in my lifetime that I still have. I have been winning ribbons and trophies since I was eight. And, they were not participation ribbons and trophies; I actually placed and won the ribbons. I have no idea how it got here.

Little by little, I do get things done, so it seems I am always behind. Monday, I found a box of dark brown sugar. Since I had a quart canning jar with about half a box, I emptied the whole new box into the partial box in the quart jar. I don't use enough brown sugar to keep it fresh in an opened box, so it must go into a canning jar. Even an unopened box with the heavy plastic liner will eventually gets hard as a brick. Glass works well to keep brown sugar soft.  

We finally got the turkey breast into the trash. It was already thawed when the electricity went off. I was too afraid of it to take a chance on eating it. 

 A FRIEND DIED! Diane was a wonderful person. This news was a shock. She was only a year younger than I am and died of a heart attack. 

Since I like Coke and Tommy loves coffee, I decided to try a can of Coke with coffee in it. The Coke is mixed with Coke at the plant. I did not mix them. Finally, I opened it and took a sip, my last sip. Tommy refused to even taste it. It was horrible. Have you ever tasted Coke with coffee?

I slept 30 minutes Tuesday night, Now, it is time for a nap.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar