Linking today with Ginny for Yarn Along.
My Little Vintage Sunday Coat for grandbaby is coming along nicely, despite the fact that it has been sweltering here for the last week and not great knitting weather. Summer is definitely making its presence felt as it leaves us! Today is the first day of autumn (breathe a deep sigh of relief!) but it is forecast to be hot until at least Monday.
So far, I have completed the back and the left front. I love the shaping - I would like a swing coat like this!
My current read is called Homecoming by Susie Steiner. One of those books or movies that I like, where not much 'happens', just the day-to-day of living.
The blurb says: 'Filled with both the joys and losses of ordinary life, Homecoming is a big-hearted drama about how a family falls apart and comes back together again.'
Living in a family-oriented farming area was we do, the story of an aging father whose farm is failing but he wants to keep it going to leave to his son, is particularly poignant. It is a common story in areas such as ours, that lived through the wool booms but now it can be a struggle to keep the farms in the family.
A quote (the mother in the story): 'She's realised, late in the day, that the stringing together of small things, and keeping going - above all plodding on - is what makes a life.'
That quote may sound kind of depressing, but as I get older I can definitely relate to it. When I was younger, it was all about the excitement and having lots happening all the time, but now, as the quote says, I too have come to realise it is the everyday, the adding together of lots of simple moments that add up to our lives rather than the constant wishing for the next exciting event.
Wishing you lots of special everyday moments this week.



0 Yorumlar