Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Weekend Before Christmas

Friday I went back to school, after a wellness "sick" day to catch up on my sleep on Thursday.  No students were at school Friday because it was every Friday is "online learning" only this year.  I gave scented candles to the other teachers in my department as a small Christmas remembrance.   After staff meeting, a Christmas concert by some of our students and a luncheon (which I did not attend), our principal let us go home to get started  on our Christmas break. 

When I got home, I got a text and an email from our school district with a link to let all district employees sign up to receive the Covid vaccination.  My time for the vaccine is Friday, January 15, 2021 at 8:50 a.m.. I am getting the vaccine for my own health as well as for the health and safety of those near and dear to me. By getting the vaccine, I feel like I am also helping my community and our nation achieve eventual herd immunity, which will stop COVID dead in its tracks. In my personal view, getting the vaccine is something I am doing for myself and others.

Charly and I watched another episode of The Crown, and then later The Life and Death of Princess Diana on Dateline.

Saturday morning, I slept in a bit, then after our morning walk, I spent quite a while shredding some old records and documents that we had been keeping for years. Time to clean up for the coming new year.

Saturday was a mostly at home day. The only time we went out was to get some take-n-bake pizza for dinner.

After dinner, I wrapped a few presents, finished up a load of laundry, and we watched a little TV, including two episodes The Crown. We have now made it to season 2 and we are still enjoying it.

After the second episode of The Crown, I decided to stay up and finish this book, which I didn't love. It is my second Richard Paul Evans Christmas book of the season and I think I need a break from this author until next year.

Sunday morning, we got up and went to our main church service in person, then I watched Sunday School on Zoom while indexing cemetery records. Charly took a little nap and later we went for a mid-afternoon walk. No pictures, but it was a gray and cold December day.

This year, I have not done any Christmas baking, and decided instead to give Orange Sticks to friends and neighbors as Christmas gifts, instead of homemade cookies or candy. If you have never had Sweets Candy Orange Sticks, you are missing out. My mom used to work at Sweets Candy Company here in Salt Lake City long before I was born, and she made these orange sticks. We always had them at Christmas time when I was a child, and so for me, Orange Sticks are Christmas and I love to share them with others. I took a box to our bishop (pastor) and several other special families from our church congregation.

Later, I started reading this book, which I am looking forward to finishing before Christmas.

For Sunday dinner, we had country fried steak, mashed potatoes and country gravy and buttered carrots. This is one of our favorite Sunday meals.

I baked some chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

The cookies were delicious and a nice Sunday night treat. As soon as I post this, Charly and I are off to the living room for a little date watching either a Christmas movie of an episode of The Crown.






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar