Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Taco Doritos


Some friends and I have been discussing the Doritos flavors you never see anymore, and the number one on their lists was Taco Doritos. I personally don't remember ever having these, but they assure me that surely, here was manna from heaven.

Taco Doritos are still listed on the Doritos Web site, so Rob and I started looking in our local Seattle stores for them. Boy, the zillion Doritos brands of the past are dead, it seems. Most stores around here carry regular and maybe two other flavors. Salsa Verde, which used to be one of those flavors people wrote in to me asking for information about, is commonly found in our stores now, it seems. There's a fiery Habanero flavor that we've found, and believe it or not, the regular Corn flavor appears, as does Guacamole. Cool Ranch is everywhere, that flavor is now more common than Diet Coke, it seems.

But Taco? Nope, not anywhere.

I started hunting online, and it appears they can be ordered online here, but other sites claim Taco has been discontinued, so I don't know if that site is correct or not.

If you scroll fairly far down on this site, you can get one person's recipe for making Taco Doritos.

And almost to the end of this forum page, someone claims that "Depending on your market, you can still get 'em. But you are, unfortunately, probably in the same region as am I, and they don't produce 'em for our region. Through a convoluted chain of family & acquaintances, I learned from a manager at the Atlanta office of Frito Lay that certain flavoring ingredients required to make those delicious morsels are not made available to the production facilities that supply the southern region of which you and I are citizens of. The only way to get this contraband is to Smokey & the Bandit 'em in. Just like we had to do with Coors beer back in the day. And now you know the rest of the story."

While searching for info on Taco Doritos, I kept finding an entry on Scrubbles that not only offered up good info on them, but noted that Matt had posted his entry on them because he was inspired by my entry on Salsa Verde Doritos back in 2004.

It's a small, small world indeed, and the Internet is a snake with its tail in its mouth.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar