Soaking in the energy of the trees up here has been so uplifting. Wrightwood really is a heavenly place. I checked out a few fascinating books by hikers who have completed the Pacific Crest Trail. The stories captivate me, because I know the area. I walk sections of it, and pretend that I am traveling the entire way. It really is a spiritual feeling. There is so much history here. The path is impeccably maintained in this area, too. We all have a passion for hiking.
Today I relaxed for quite a while by the fire. It felt so cozy to drink coffee, read my library books, gaze at the incredible views of the mountains, and relax. I was covered with a warm wool blanket that one of the previous owners must have crocheted. It's impressive work. The blankets are thick and heavy. I love them.
I finally took Lula for a walk on the main trail by Highway 2 this afternoon. She's used to going in the morning. I lounged around, waited for more sun, and enjoyed a hot lunch. I nuked a sandwich of turkey ham with melted cheddar cheese on whole wheat bread. Yesterday I worked nonstop for eight hours, so it felt good to be lazy and relaxed.
It's been thirty degrees here, so I am wearing all of my beloved hand knits. The ladies at the library always compliment me, and ask me if I've made what I'm wearing. I appreciate their enthusiasm. The alpaca/wool gloves have really come in handy. I knit them several years ago and they are still going strong. Sock yarn is so durable. It wears like iron. Are you needing to wear gloves yet where you live?
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear, as they are moderated.
0 Yorumlar