Today I am experiencing a sever case of dawdling. You might think I am hiding from the dreaded African Flower Blanket. And while I might be just a tad, I am really being a very bad girl and not writing up an evaluation for work. I love the little one I should be writing about, it is just that he is getting adopted and moving to Texas, and I am going to spend hours on paperwork that won't even matter in a few weeks. Pointless work but it still has to be done. So instead of being a good girl and getting it done, I am cleaning, chatting on the phone, running errands and reading blogs. You can see that I did not say that I was crocheting, I am dawdling a bit on that one, too. But there has been some progress made, shall we take a peek?
Twenty six flowers are on their way to being done. I am thrilled that I am making progress and can not wait to get to the join as you go section of this project. I am on my way but not there yet. Even though I have visions of other projects dancing around my head, I will not succumb to their desire to distract me.
I did watch the latest episode of Downton Abby last night. Do not be afraid, there will be no spoiler alert here. I have to admit I am disappointed in the show for the first time. Yes I was pretty devastated by Matthew's death last year, I just feel that we do not need to witness even more violence against women on TV or in the movies. The show is superbly acted, I just do not always see the need for this type of daunting subject matter. I knew what was coming, one can hardly have a Pinterest board on Downton and not know what is going to happen. But still it disappointed me that it had to be so extreme. What did you think about it?
As I seem to be focused on D words today I am yet again disturbed by another school shooting today. And really not far from me yesterday a man was shot for texting in a movie theater during the movie previews. A man who was a husband, father, a son and friend. He was shot just because he was texting. Why do we have this insane belief that guns should be allowed everywhere? How many more young students, will be killed just for being in school, a place they should always feel safe? This fascination that American's have with guns really has to stop. I don't want to hear guns don't kill people, people do. You are correct, but people with guns kill people. I am not going to kill someone in a theater with my purse because he is texting. It is so disturbing and so unnecessary and I wonder what it will take for things to change. Certainly politician that stand up for what they believe in and do not get intimidated by gun organizations. If a school full of children getting killed one year ago did not change our thought process on this I am not sure what will. It is disgusting and happening so often now that it isn't near as alarming as it used to be. We are getting used to this type of behavior and that is so distressing.
Now onto something less discouraging, my second Amaryllis bulb is in full, beautiful bloom. It is a delightful, delicious, deep red. And I am dazzled by it's beauty.
Hope you are dazzled by something today, not distressed and of course not dawdling. Now I am done!

0 Yorumlar