Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Currant scones, my final swap item finished, and a new book to read...

Morning tea, anyone?
Today we had currant scones, blackberry jam, and fresh whipped cream with a touch of vanilla sugar.
The school holidays are over now and the weekday routine of having Blossom and hubby home for morning tea has begun once again...and that always inspires me to rustle something up in the kitchen.

Once they had eaten their fill and returned back to classes, I set to work finishing my final gift for the Stitcher's Angel Swap. I showed you the appliqued and embroidered block a couple of weeks ago, but it was only last night that I designed this little writing pad holder to display it!

Do you like it? The embroidered design is one of my Shabby Country Roses patterns, and I must say, I love it in the peach and greens just as much as the blues and yellows I had originally stitched them in. Which colour palette do you like best?

~~~~~
I have a new book to read...the title hooked me in immediately! Of course, I still have to finish The Sugar Camp Quilt, but I've had so much sewing to do lately that by the time I go to bed at night for a relaxing read I find my eyes getting heavy after just 4 or 5 pages.
Have you read this? The stories are very short so I think I'll read one each day over lunch. :-)

Do you have a favourite book that inspires your creativity?

Happy Stitching Days!
Hugs
Jenny
xxxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar