Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

cats and dog


The kittens arrived bright and early Monday morning and we got the little things settled in the back bedroom and then left for the run to the airport. Of course there was a wreck (we surmise) as we were stopped for a good 15 minutes if not longer and while this section which narrows down from three lanes to one usually moves slow, at least it moves. Fortunately we were before the right lane ended at a must turn right road and while the middle and left lanes were dead, the right one was zooming past as people turned off to go around. Being in the middle lane, we opted for the unknown and made the right turn. Pam had managed to find the alternate route on her map app but really all we had to do was follow the traffic back to the highway which was dead empty at the point where we got back on. So, wreck as the road construction would not have stopped morning commuter traffic that long.

Anyway...kittens! When I returned from the airport the kittens had settled themselves on one of the pillows on the bed. 


I have a piece of plywood across the doorway so that I can see in and they can see out but they can't get out. They were a little skittish for about half the day but warmed up quickly. Minnie, only because I made her, and I sat back there while they got used to us, the kittens totally unafraid of the dog who trembled if they got too close. 


We spent a lot of time playing with the kittens, well, I did anyway. Minnie kept getting stalked. 



Later I ran an errand (leaving the back door open as I do when the weather is nice) and when I got back the kittens were nowhere to be found. I looked under all the furniture, in the boxes, in the closet, in the little bathroom and no kittens. Oh shit! Pam is going to kill me, I didn't think they could get over the board and now I've lost the kittens. I looked in my adjacent workroom, no kittens, outside searching the little backyard calling frantically, no kittens. I hear Marc from inside, well at least one of them is back here on the bed, he says. The little devils had burrowed under the quilt.


Day 2 was their trip to the vet to get checked out and they are plump and healthy and happy to be back from that weird and scary place.  


On day 3 Minnie still prefers not to be in there with them but she's been nose to nose with each of them and doesn't tremble anymore. And by this morning, Day 4, she's decided that they might be toys after all. They were up and playing rough and tumble and Minnie watched for awhile and then bounded over and the two kittens sprang apart and went all Halloween cat. She must have thought that was funny because she did it several times. Either that or she thought she needed to break up the fight.


Later I looked up to see Zack scrambling over the board across the doorway to the back bedroom. A quick search confirmed that his brother Daryl already had. Well, no keeping the back door open for the rest of their visit. They played in my workroom 


and then disappeared. I finally found them sleeping in a far corner behind a mountain of stuff.


Awake again and playing they have expanded their exploring to the kitchen.


Emma the cat wants nothing to do with them and expresses her displeasure with a hiss.

Fun and games, kids, fun and games.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar