Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Adding light touches to a cozy bedroom

Hello there! I'm back to share our summer master bedroom tour along with a bunch of other bloggers hosted by my friend Marty at A Stroll Thru Life. She has gathered a talented group sharing their beautiful summer bedrooms this week. (See the full list at the bottom of the post!) I'm joining in with Tamara at Citrine Living and Amber from Follow the Yellow Brick Home today.

Our master bedroom has undergone a bunch of changes since we moved in, and I finally finished up the painting in here a few months ago. The room wasn't completely done then, but after gathering some items from around the house, I'm calling it finished for now. And I'm so thrilled with it!

I choose gray grasscloth on the walls and dark trim underneath, so I thought making this room light and summery would be a challenge. Turns out you can totally have a cozy room and still make it lighter for the summer months!

My first step was to change out the bedding. A few months ago I found this light duvet cover from Target and went from there:

Target casaluna bedding

Confession time -- we rarely make our bed. (If you've been a long time reader you know it's just not our thing.) Half that battle has been all of the euros and decorative pillows I've added in the past. I hate dealing with them anymore!

I decided to do away with most of them and went with just two euros and one throw pillow, along with the bed pillows that we actually use: 
target neutral bedding master
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. 
See my policies and disclosure page for more information. 

I like TONS of pillow to sleep with -- I like to be surrounded and cozy. 😂 So we don't have a lot of room for decorative stuff anyway.

I'll link all of the bedding below, so check that out if you're interested!

The lighter bedding made a big difference, but I grabbed a few other items from around the house to lighten things up:
spindle arm chair

We got that geode on a spelunking trip years ago, but it has a lighter feel like a seashell. It's quite beautiful up close -- I love it! 

The green trees outside our windows are the best summer accessory though!: 
Read the full post

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar